Join Our Team
Legal Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
The Law Offices of Thomas Stahl, a family and estate planning law firm based in Columbia, Maryland is looking for a legal assistant/receptionist. This is an in-office position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer telephone calls
- Initial contact with potential clients and intake
- Perform administrative and client service functions
- Maintaining attorney and office schedules
- Calling clients, lawyers, witnesses, experts and court personnel to schedule interviews, hearings, meetings, trials
- Organize case files, calendars and deadlines
- Document client communications and actions taken
- Assists with filing of legal documents
- Assist in document production
- Assist in maintaining and organizing files/cases
- Assists with other essential functions, as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum high school diploma or GED. Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college preferred.
- At least two (2) years working experience as a legal assistant or administrative assistant.
- Prior law office experience is preferred. Family law experience a plus.
- Able to work under pressure, especially in dealing with difficult existing and potential clients, lawyers, witnesses and experts
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office 365 Suite of applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams
- Experience with Clio a plus
- Good written and verbal skills
- Organized and good time management skills
- Able to work independently
- Willingness to learn new skills and software
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
The Law Offices of Thomas Stahl offers a competitive benefits package that includes employer provided medical, dental and vision insurance, employer matching retirement plan, paid holidays, PTO, as well as the opportunity for professional development.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.